K.5, 1.5 The student knows that objects have properties and patterns.
K.5A Observe and describe properties of objects.
K.5B Observe and record properties of objects…
1.5A Classify objects by observable properties of the materials from which they are made…
1.5B Predict and identify changes in materials caused by heating and cooling…
2.5 The student knows that matter has physical properties and those properties determine how it is described, classified, changed, and used.
2.5A Classify matter by physical properties…
2.5B Compare changes in materials caused by heating and cooling.
This big book also can be used to scaffold the vocabulary and concepts for the third and fourth grade science centers. Matter could be used during STAAR preparation time to refresh students on this concept. This book can be used to meet CCSS for informational text too.
Matter can be used as:
- science big book for Project G.L.A.D.
- the “Engage” piece to a 5E science lesson
- to activate prior knowledge
- to teach content-specific vocabulary (including physical property, comparing, cooling, heating)
- to teach informational text (concepts: photographs match the text, bold print, etc.)
This pack includes:
- 10-page big book (1 title page, 9 text pages)
- Eight pages of photographs to cut and paste on 11x17 colored construction paper.
This pack allows you to create a 10-page science big book. You can also print an additional set of photographs and use them for Exploration Charts or Picture File Cards in a Project G.L.A.D. unit.
If you like what you see, follow me! I'm always updating the store with new resources for you. Follow me by clicking on the green "Follow Me" star under my store name on this page.
Thank you for your ratings and feedback! Looking forward to hear from you!
Happy Printing and Gluing!