Matter – Solids, Liquids, and Gases – A Third Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint instructional presentation in line with the 3rd Grade SOL’s for the state of Virginia.
3.3 The student will investigate and understand that objects are made of materials that can be described by their physical properties.
This lesson focuses on an introduction to solids, liquids, and gases. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (solid, liquid, gas, solution, mixture, and physical change).
• Explanation of characteristics of solids, liquids, and gases.
• Particle make up in solids, liquids, and gases.
• Mass changes (physical changes).
• States of matter changes.
• Mixtures and solutions.
Also included is 1 activity that is editable and available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will examine 16 different pictures and identify whether or not the pictures show a physical change in an object or not.