What happens when we mix vinegar and baking soda? What's the fastest liquid? What happens when we break up solids? The inquiry based activities in this unit are sure to get your class wondering about Matter. Your little scientists will be introduced to the properties of the 3 states of matter through hands on fun. Lots of integrated learning with opportunities to write and draw about what they observe.
Included in this 50 page packet:
- teaching posters
- bulletin board display - I Know / I Wonder
- teacher notes to guide you through the activities
- hands on activities
- assessment tools
- vocabulary cards and student booklet
- QR codes to link to YouTube videos about Matter
- a home activity - Matter Guessing
The unit covers basic Science concepts about Matter including:
- the properties of solids, liquids, and gases
- mixtures and solutions
- physical and chemical changes in Matter
Check out the Preview to take a better look at what you get!