Also included in
- Your students will love reviewing with these hidden picture activities! Students will complete a set of review questions on a specific science skill concept. Each correct answer will lead them to a code for coloring a section of the hidden picture grid. As students progress through the review ques$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
Students will complete a set of 30 review questions on "Matter and Change." Concepts include atoms, elements, compounds, mixtures, physical and chemical changes, heterogeneous and homogenous mixtures, states of matter, and more. Each correct answer will lead the student to a code for coloring a section of the hidden picture grid. As students progress through the review questions, the picture will slowly be revealed. Includes student worksheets with review questions, two hidden picture grids, complete answer key, and a teacher guide.
Don't need to review matter and change? No Problem!
The hidden picture grids are not editable, but the student worksheets with the questions are editable. You can use my hidden picture for any set of 30 review questions. Using my editable template, you can create your own set of 30 questions on whatever you like -- cell organelles, the gas laws, or the parts of the digestive system! Using my template, your questions can be used to color the same Autumn-themed hidden picture. I've included all the instructions you need.
What's included in this resource?
- Two hidden picture grids (One is slightly easier than the other.)
- 2-Page Worksheet containing 30 review questions on matter and change
- 3-Page Teacher Guide containing tips and instructions
- 3-Page Teacher Answer Key
What materials are required for this activity?
- One hidden picture grid per student
- One 2-Page Question handout per student
- Basic set of colored pencils. Students will use dark green, light green, dark brown, light brown, dark blue, light blue, orange, tan, yellow, red, gray and black.
What will the students be doing?
- Students are given the two-page handout containing the "matter and change" review questions and the graphing grid you have selected. There are 2 graphing grids: Hidden Picture grid, and the Not So Hidden Picture grid. One is slightly easier than the other. You can decide which is best for your students.
- Students will complete each question. As each question is completed, students will color the appropriate squares on the hidden picture grid.
- As students progress through the activity, more and more of the picture is revealed.
- You can grade this assignment in a snap just by looking at the student’s finished coloring page.
What concepts are covered?
- Concepts covered in your “Matter and Change” chapter.
- Key Vocabulary: Matter, Mass, Volume, Atom, Element, Compound, Mixture, Homogeneous, Heterogeneous, Density
- Intensive and Extensive Properties, Physical and Chemical Properties, Physical and Chemical Changes
- States of Matter: Solid, liquid, gas, plasma
- Reactants and Products
Related resources include the following:
- Winter Hidden Picture - Temperature Scales Review Questions
- Valentine's Day Hidden Picture - Chemical Formulas Review Questions
- St. Patrick's Day Hidden Picture - Periodic Table Review Questions
- Earth Day Hidden Picture - Chemical Reactions and Chemical Equations Review Questions
- Spring Theme Hidden Picture- The Mole Concept and Stoichiometry Review Questions
- Back to School Theme Hidden Picture - Scientific Method Review Questions
- Autumn / Fall Theme Hidden Picture - Matter and Change Review Questions
- Halloween Hidden Picture - Scientific Notation Review Questions
- Thanksgiving Hidden Picture - Atomic Structure Review Question
- Holiday Hidden Picture - Metric System Review Questions
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: