Matter and Change Unit Plan Bundle (Elements, Compounds, Mixtures)
Matter and Change Complete Unit Plan Bundle:
This complete teaching unit plan contains 12 separate products. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on Matter and Change to your physical science or chemistry students.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
1. A 37 slide powerpoint presentation
2. Notes for the teacher
3. Notes outline for the student
4. Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game (Set of 2 Games)
6. Crossword puzzle
7. Unit Test
8. Homework Assignments (Set of 2)
9. Lab: Density
10. Lab: The Boiling Point of Liquids
11. Density Practice Problem Worksheet
12. Lab: Conservation of Mass
13. Matter and Change Lab: 4 mini-labs
14. Set of 64 Task Cards
This PowerPoint consists of 37 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (6 pages) and a set of notes for the student (7 pages).
Topics covered are:
1) Properties of Matter: Matter, volume, weight, mass.
2) Elements and Compounds: Atom, molecule, element, compound, mixture, characteristics of elements and compounds.
3) Mixtures: Mixture, how to distinguish mixtures from elements and compounds, homogeneous, heterogeneous, methods of separating mixtures
4) States of Matter: characteristics of solids, liquids, gases; change in phase.
5) Properties and Changes in Matter: Definition of property, intensive and extensive properties, chemical and physical properties
6) Chemical and Physical Changes: definitions and examples, reactants and products
7) Conservation of Mass
8) Density: definitions, density equation, the effect of temperature and pressure on density
You will receive a complete set of notes for the teacher (8 pages) as well as an outline of notes for the student (9 pages). Students will complete their outline as they view the powerpoint presentation.
You will receive all materials in both Word document as well as pdf form.
Answer Keys are included for all documents.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all physical science and chemistry students in grades 7 -12.
The products included in this complete teaching unit plan are seen below. Click on each link to read a complete description and download a free preview.
Matter and Change PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Matter and Change Task Cards
Lab: Conservation of Mass
Lab: Determining Density
Lab: The Boiling Points of Liquids
Test: Matter and Change
Density Practice Problems
Quiz: Matter and Density
Matter and Change Jeopardy Powerpoint Review Game
Matter and Change Crossword Puzzle
Matter and Change Set of 2 Homework Assignments
Matter and Change 4 Mini Labs
Amy Brown - Science Stuff