This "Matter and Change Bundle" includes everything you need to teach a unit on the properties of matter to your physical science or chemistry students. Many resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. The bundle contains a 37-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the teacher, a guided notes outline for the students, set of 64 task cards, 3 lab activities, a lab station activity, crossword puzzle, 2 homework assignments, density practice problem worksheet, 2 daily quizzes, a Jeopardy review game, and a final unit test.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
- Matter and Change PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student **
- Matter and Change Task Cards **
- Lab: Conservation of Mass
- Lab: Determining Density
- Lab: The Boiling Points of Liquids
- Test: Matter and Change **
- Density Practice Problems **
- Quiz Set of 2: Matter and Density **
- Matter and Change Jeopardy Powerpoint Review Game
- Matter and Change Crossword Puzzle
- Matter and Change Set of 2 Homework Assignments **
- Matter and Change 4 Mini Labs
A Teacher Guide containing tips for implementing the resources, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards is also included.
This PowerPoint consists of 37 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (6 pages) and a set of notes for the student (8 pages).
Topics and concepts covered include:
- The Properties of Matter: Matter, Volume, Weight, Mass.
- Atoms and Molecules.
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures.
- Characteristics of a compound.
- Mixtures: Characteristics, homogeneous mixtures, heterogeneous mixtures.
- Methods of separating mixtures into their individual components: Filtration, Evaporation, Decanting, Centrifuge, and Chromatography.
- Three states of matter: Solids, Liquids, and Gases. Characteristics of each state of matter.
- Properties of Matter: Intensive and Extensive Properties.
- Physical Properties and Chemical Properties.
- Physical Changes and Chemical Changes.
- Conservation of Mass.
- Density: Definition and practice problems.
Answer Keys are included for all documents.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all physical science and chemistry students in grades 7 -12.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: