Also included in
- This "Matter and Change Bundle" includes everything you need to teach a unit on the properties of matter to your physical science or chemistry students. Many resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. The bundle contains a 37-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the$34.99$45.72Save $10.73
These 37 slides will provide your students with a solid foundation on the introductory topics of matter and its properties. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. The PowerPoint covers all the topics you would expect on “matter” from a traditional high school chemistry or physical science textbook, including atoms, elements, compounds, mixtures, phases of matter, and chemical and physical changes. A detailed list of the topics covered can be found below.
This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, distance learning, or for students in 1:1 classrooms.
What is included in this product?
- A 37-Slide PowerPoint Presentation (Includes traditional PowerPoint, PDF, and Google slides)
- Editable and printable 6-page set of lecture notes for the teacher
- Editable and printable 8-page guided notes outline for the student
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
- Teacher Guide to Google Apps
Topics and concepts covered include:
- The Properties of Matter: Matter, Volume, Weight, Mass.
- Atoms and Molecules.
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures.
- Characteristics of a compound.
- Mixtures: Characteristics, homogeneous mixtures, heterogeneous mixtures.
- Methods of separating mixtures into their individual components: Filtration, Evaporation, Decanting, Centrifuge, and Chromatography.
- Three states of matter: Solids, Liquids, and Gases. Characteristics of each state of matter.
- Properties of Matter: Intensive and Extensive Properties.
- Physical Properties and Chemical Properties.
- Physical Changes and Chemical Changes.
- Conservation of Mass.
- Density: Definition and practice problems.
This resource is intended for use with a first year high school physical science or chemistry class. I have included so that the PowerPoint and accompanying notes can be modified and edited to make this resource a perfect fit for your students. The PowerPoint is designed to hold the attention of your students. The slides are bright and colorful and contain many, many visually appealing pictures and images. Animations and transitions are included to allow you to control the pace of the lesson.
Students love using the guided notes outline as you teach the lesson. It allows the student more freedom to listen, think, and ask questions during note taking. The notes are also perfect for students with disabilities or IEP’s.
Related resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: