This resource includes two short quizzes on matter and change, and density. These documents can also be used as homework assignments or study guides for your unit test on Matter.
Topics covered by Quiz #1:
- The Properties of Matter: Matter, Volume, Weight, Mass.
- Atoms and Molecules.
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures.
- Characteristics of a compound.
- Mixtures: Characteristics, homogeneous mixtures, heterogeneous mixtures.
- Methods of separating mixtures into their individual components: Filtration, Evaporation, Decanting, Centrifuge, and Chromatography.
- Three states of matter: Solids, Liquids, and Gases. Characteristics of each state of matter.
- Properties of Matter: Intensive and Extensive Properties.
- Physical Properties and Chemical Properties.
- Physical Changes and Chemical Changes.
- Conservation of Mass.
Topics covered by Quiz #2:
- What is density?
- The density equation.
- Is density a physical or chemical property?
- Is density an extensive or intensive property?
- 6 Density calculations
The documents are editable.
Related resources include:
Matter and Change Bundle (Powerpoint and Notes)
Lab: Conservation of Mass
Lab: Determining Density
Lab: The Boiling Points of Liquids
Matter and Change Autumn Themed Color by Number Activity
Test: Matter and Change
Density Practice Problems
Matter and Change Jeopardy Powerpoint Review Game
Atomic Structure Worksheet
Matter and Change Crossword Puzzle
Matter and Change Set of 2 Homework Assignments
Matter and Change 4 Mini Labs
Matter and Change Task Cards
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page