Products in this Bundle (5)
This bundle meets the LS1 Strand of middle school science. Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems. How do matter and energy move through organisms in ecosystems? Save 20% by purchasing the bundle! This complete bundle for LS1 Middle school addresses all the standards for Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems.
Do you want an NGSS bundle from someone who really understands NGSS? My resources use phenomena to engage students, the science and engineering practices, and the crosscutting concepts. See more about my expertise with NGSS here.
This bundle includes;
These standards are addressed:
You will love having a bundle created by someone who really understands NGSS.
- MS-LS1-6. Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for the role of photosynthesis in the cycling of matter and flow of energy into and out of organisms. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on tracing movement of matter and flow of energy.] [Assessment Boundary: Assessment does not include the biochemical mechanisms of photosynthesis.]
- MS-LS1-7. Develop a model to describe how food is rearranged through chemical reactions forming new molecules that support growth and/or release energy as this matter moves through an organism. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on describing that molecules are broken apart and put back together and that in this process, energy is released.] [Assessment Boundary: Assessment does not include details of the chemical reactions for photosynthesis or respiration.]
- MS-LS2-1. Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations of organisms in an ecosystem. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on cause and effect relationships between resources and growth of individual organisms and the numbers of organisms in ecosystems during periods of abundant and scarce resources.]
- MS-LS2-3. Develop a model to describe the cycling of matter and flow of energy among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on describing the conservation of matter and flow of energy into and out of various ecosystems, and on defining the boundaries of the system.] [Assessment Boundary:
- Assessment does not include the use of chemical reactions to describe the processes.] MS-LS2-4. Construct an argument supported by empirical evidence that changes to physical or biological components of an ecosystem affect populations. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on recognizing patterns in data and making warranted inferences about changes in populations, and on evaluating empirical evidence supporting arguments about changes to ecosystems.]
My units are complete and include slide shows, reading passages, response pages, interactive notebook flaps, interactive activities, labs, lab sheets, and assessments.
My resources, including slide shows, are not editable. This is for copyright reasons.
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at
My middle school bundles are divided by strand and topic.
You will also love these great middle school bundles: