Your students will learn all about the artist Maurice Prendergast and his style of painting. They will have fun creating their own drawings and apply vibrant paint colors to them using the artist’s techniques!
In this lesson students will analyze the paintings of Maurice Prendergast and his style of art, observe form and shape and create landscapes and seascapes using small brush strokes echoing the style of the artist. The lesson reflects the Common Core Standards of Reading Literacy for grades one through two. It contains a second identical lesson plan and includes the New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts.
Using the accompanying artist book on Maurice Prendergast, which reflects the sessions of this lesson plan, can attain optimum results for this lesson plan. The book can be found at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
Included in this lesson:
- A full (one page) printable comprehensive lesson plan with:
Design Elements and Principles
National Standards for Visual Arts
Common Core Standards
New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts
Session activities and tasks
Summary and assessment
- Images of the process of the entire project.
- A detailed printable rubric with lesson goal options and self and teacher assessments.
- Five printable vocabulary words.
- A full (one page) printable comprehensive lesson plan with New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts, session planning and differentiation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License