This is a complete presentation about artist Max Ernst. THERE ARE MANY ACTUAL SLIDES IN THE PREVIEW FOR YOUR REVIEW. THIS IS YOUR BEST GUIDE TO PRODUCT QUALITY.
* You might also like *
Max Ernst, Free Poster
- Max Ernst was a major artist of the 20th century. Although his artistic output was prodigious, he also led an exciting life.
- He warned in his paintings about the Nazis. Then the Nazis were after him for being a "degenerate artist" and he fled to America.
- While in America, he met his 4th and final wife, another artist, Dorothea Tanning, while he was married to his art patron, Peggy Guggenheim.
- Yet none of this interfered with his art. He was a founding artist of both the DaDa and Surrealist Movements.
- He was equally adept at all forms of art. His sculpture wasn't appreciated until late in his career. Then it was regarded as highly as his paintings, collages, lithographs and books.
- When he arrived in New York in 1941, the denizens of the art world were bowled over by his innate charisma. He immediately began working with the young abstract expressionists.
- He did his art work right up until the end, in 1976. He was in his mid 80s when he died in Paris, still married to Dorothea Tanning.