Max the Brave by Ed Vere is a new picture book about a courageous kitten who yearns to show off his bravery.
This literature unit is perfect for K-1st Grade and includes the following activities:
- First, Next, Then, and Last (sequencing Max the Brave)
- Character, Setting, and Plot
- Sequencing with pictures (8 cards to cut and put in order)
- Graphic Organizer describing the fears of mice
- Writing Prompt - Describe a time when you were brave
- Rhyming Words related to Max the Brave
- Retelling Sticks (black and white as well as full color)
- Venn Diagram
- Make a Book - Cut, color, and staple a simple book related to Max the Brave
PLEASE NOTE: There are TWO copies of the mini-book for differentiating instruction. The second book requires more writing from your students.
You may also be interested in these Language Arts products:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.