Max’s Words Language Arts SUPER BUNDLE
The super bundle has all the same content as the bundle, but also includes the Power of Words Quotes mini-bundle of two inspirational quotes with posters, graphic organizers and writing prompts.
HALF Price Max’s Words BUNDLE ! These activities are sold for $15.00 separately, $5.99 in a bundle and only $3.00 for the first 48 hours!
Please See the Preview
Max’s brothers collect coins and stamps. When Max decides to collect words he finds that choosing words to combine can create something wonderful.
This is an excellent story to use when introducing vocabulary or word work centers.
Writing about Max’s Words
1. Opinion Prompt – Free Speech
2. Excellent Word Choice connections
3. Sequencing and transition words
4. Compare/Contrast stories by same author
5. Compare/Contrast characters
6. Character Analysis - Max
7. Character Analysis - Benjamin and Karl
8. Four Essays – 2 from Harcourt and 2 New prompts
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 8 words and 2 extension words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
1. Matching quiz
2. Matching quiz with prompt for Glossary page
3. Answer key with glossary pages
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with a glossary page prompt
2. Same Matching quiz without a page prompt
3. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
4. Short Answer - The same questions with sentence stem prompts. These are great for students who need more differentiation. This permits them to participate in the same activity with supports.
5. FREEBIE – Journeys multiple choice test on a single page with room for page evidence
Max’s Words Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Extras in the BUNDLE:
• Daily 5 cards for centers (Word Work; Listening; Writing & Buddy Read)
• Making Words Activity (great support for low readers)
• Multiple choice test with space for page proof
Power of Words Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Every teacher knows the power a single word spoken can have, whether spoken by a student or an adult. These quotes explore excellent word choice and character education. I use quotes to integrate character education into my 6-trait writing class. It begins with a post-it response and grows into a mature essay that always amazes me as I read insightful thoughts from even my goofiest, fun-loving students.
• Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively…or destructively…
• No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into a 5 paragraph essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kate-Hadfield-Designs
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Max’s Words Language BUNDLE
• Max’s Words Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Max’s Words Quizzes
• Max’s Words Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Max’s Words Writing
• Max’s Words SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Power of Words Quote Mini-Bundle:
Power of Words - Inspirational Quotes Mini-Bundle
• Power of Words Quote - CONSTRUCTIVE
• Power of Words Quote – CHANGE the World
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.