Also included in
- ⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students are really enjoying these seasonal science activities so far. I'm so excited I found them! This is really going to step up my science game! Thank you!" - ArianeIntegrate more science into your curriculum using fun and engaging seasonal content that combines monthly topics with ha$44.00$55.00Save $11.00
Need more science activities for May? These activities will help you incorporate more science while recognizing Physical Fitness Month, Pet Week, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day. Students will read articles to improve their literacy skills as they learn about the human body and the effect that exercise has on it, how pets can improve our mental and physical health, animal survival skills, why Memorial Day is important, and the Scientist of the Month, Alexander Graham Bell. All activities include print and digital options to allow for flexibility in the classroom. These science activities are perfect for the end of the year as they help complement your science curriculum, integrate science and literacy skills, or be used as sub plans.
⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love everything about this month’s activities. The kids especially liked the research activity about a pet they would like to have. I will continue to buy future months because it is such a value and fairly easy to print and go!" - April, 3rd and 5th grade teacher
May holidays include:
May science topics include:
- Human Body
- Emotional and Physical benefits of pet ownership
- Animal survival skills
- Design and engineering skills
Students will learn about:
- The effect that exercise has on the human body system
- How exercise improves and protects the body
- How the body systems work together
- Positive effects that animals have on people
- How animals care for their offspring
- Survival skills in the animal kingdom
- Pulleys and how a flagpole works
May Science Activities include:
- Teacher tips and instructions to implement the activities into your classroom
- Digital instructions to distribute the Google Slides activities through your secure learning management system such as Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, etc. ALL ACTIVITIES HAVE A DIGITAL COMPANION.
- Five printable worksheets on the human body systems explain how each works together, and the effect exercise has on the body systems.
- Two graphic organizers
- One to summarize how each body system works with another to maintain homeostasis to keep the body healthy and safe
- The second organizer will have students explain the effects of exercise on the body system.
- One page article on the benefits of owning a pet
- Graphic organizer and research template for students to learn about an animal they would like to have as a pet
- Reading and comprehension activity on how different species care for their children
- Graphic organizer and research template for students to study an animal of their choice to learn how it is raised and the different survival skills its species needs to survive.
- Memorial Day reading article with comprehension questions
- STEM activity - Students will create a flagpole to honor fallen soldiers
- Reading text on famous scientist, Alexander Graham Bell
- Answer key
How to use these End of the Year science activities:
- Use the activities to recognize calendar holidays in your classroom
- Engage students in End of Yea science fun using these activities
- Leave science texts as sub plans
- Science station activities
- Fun Friday activities
- Homework assignments
- Group projects
- Enrichment activities
- Honor Memorial Day
- My students enjoyed the topics very much! I loved how the passages were organized - perfect for my struggling students. The graphic organizer for the animal moms article made for a fun research mini project at this point in the year! Thank you!
- My students loved doing these at the end of the year!!
- Wonderful resource that captivated my students' attention. Students loved the passages and activities.
- Perfect for my science unit!
Other science activities you might be interested in:
- Human Body Systems Print and Digital Bundle
- Body systems DIGITAL bundle
- Body system graphic organizers
- Human Body Internet activities
Famous Scientists and Inventors:
This lesson will assist in aligning to NGSS:
: Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
: Construct an explanation that predicts patterns of interactions among organisms across multiple ecosystems.
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate in emailing me at Teaching Muse Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.