Includes 25 pages of daily math and language arts morning work or homework review activities for first graders, in a simple format that encourages independent work.
This product includes two versions to meet your needs:
Number of the Day up to 100 (base ten rods and units; place value chart with tens and ones).
Number of the Day up to 189 (base ten flat, rods, and units; place value chart with hundreds, tens, and ones).
Included on all pages:
- Student name
- Calendar (Write month, day, year; identify day of the week)
- Number of the Day (Write numeral, write hundreds, tens, and ones, color base ten blocks to represent)
- Mixed math facts (+ or - within 10)
- Sentence practice (write a complete sentence or edit and revise)
Additional activities within each week:
- Part-Part-Whole Math (2 per week)
- Show the parts to make a given number on a number bond and ten frame
- Write the related facts (fact family)
- Story Problems (2 per week—change/initial unknown, compare, part-part-whole structures; numbers to 18)
- Time to the hour (1 per week)
- Fractions (1 per week)
- Reading comprehension (1 per week - main idea, details, sequence of events, or make inference)
Once students learn the activities, they can complete them independently in about 5-10 minutes each day. Morning work can be checked whole-group in less than 5 minutes. Number of the day is provided by the teacher (I use the number of days of school and write it on the board), or it can be differentiated. These activities could also be used as homework.
Other months of First Grade Morning Work:
ALL YEAR Bundle
- Get every month at a discount in this progressive bundle!
Back To School/September First Grade Morning Work
October First Grade Morning Work
November First Grade Morning Work
December First Grade Morning Work
January First Grade Morning Work
February First Grade Morning Work
March First Grade Morning Work
April First Grade Morning Work
May First Grade Morning Work
June First Grade Morning Work