These May Math Centers
are packed with hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your first grade classroom and have TONS of fun activities to use throughout the month of May, June, and Summer! This pack includes 10 Math Center Activities!
These activities are ONLY the Math Activities from my May Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
Each Math center activity includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters
for student independence.
• Recording sheets
for student accountability
• Detailed how to use and prep directions
• Easy to prep
• Answer Keys
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included:
• Balancing on the Beach- Look at the given equations and determine whether they are or are not balanced.
• Scooping Up Fractions- Match ice cream scoops to the correct fraction.
• Missing Numbers at the Picnic- Find the missing number in the equation to make it complete.
• 120 Chart Puzzles- Count to determine the missing numbers on a 120 chart. A mystery picture will be revealed.
• Popsicle Equations- Solve different vertical addition and subtraction equations.
• Frozen Treats Truck- Order different ice cream treats using a menu, determine the total, and pay for them with coins.
• Sandcastle Fact Families- Build fact families using given numbers.
• Crabby Expanded Form- Find the expanded form of different given numbers.
• Sunny Time- Play a game where they try to be the first player to spin and roll different times to cover all of the matching clocks on their game mat.
• Water Balloon Counting- Continue different number sequences and determine the counting patterns.
• Burger Compare- Play a game where they compare numbers and try to be the first player to build a complete burger.
• Word Problems- Read and act out different word problems on a work mat. They will find equations to go with the word problems.
• Shapes in the Real World- Play a game where they match 2D and 3D shapes to different real world objects.
• Roasting Double Digit Addition- Find the sum to different double digit equations.
*Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
If you are looking for May Literacy Centers, you can grab them in my BUNDLE:
May Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
You can check out my other First Grade Monthly Math Centers below:
Back to School Math Centers (First Grade)
September Math Centers (First Grade)
October Math Centers (First Grade)
November Math Centers (First Grade)
December Math Centers (First Grade)
January Math Centers (First Grade)
February Math Centers (First Grade)
March Math Centers (First Grade)
April Math Centers (First Grade)
May/Summer Math Centers (First Grade)
Need more monthly first grade centers? SAVE BIG with these Year Long Center Bundles here (Special Buy In Price):
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 August-December
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #2 January-May
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year
First Grade Math Centers for the Year
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year Bundle 1
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year Bundle 2
Kindergarten Literacy Centers for the Year
Kindergarten Math Centers for the Year
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook