May’s Common Core Math Resource Packet aligns with the following standards:
• 3.OA.8 – solving two-step word problems
• 3.NF.3a – using fraction models and number lines to understand equivalent fractions
• 3.NF.3b – using fraction models and number lines to explain equivalent fractions
• 3.NF.3d – comparing fractions using models and number lines
May’s issue contains the following:
• 2 website links to practice problem solving skills
• 1 website link to an interactive equivalent fraction activity
• Problem Solving Checklist
o Great for math journals
• Cleaning Up Two-Step Word Problems
o Use the problem solving checklist for this printable worksheet.
• Fraction Bars Kit
o Make individual fraction bar kits for your students. Use for exploration and learning.
• Cycle-Thru Comparing Fractions
o Students strengthen their math and reasoning skills as they complete this printable worksheet.
If you enjoyed the fraction activities in this product, check out 3rd Grade Fractions: Fractions Frenzy
. 3rd Grade Fractions: Fraction Frenzy is a growing bundle of 3rd grade fraction activities. The fraction lessons, interactive notebooks, printables and performance task expand the fraction activities in this freebie.