This primary poetry pack will take you through May with 4 original poems and daily extension activities. The extension activities are also great for your poetry center. My poems are always simple, rhythmic, and fun for students. Included in this pack are DAILY SHARED READING PLANS for Kindergarten and 1st grade that are Common Core Aligned – just print and slip right into your lesson plan book! I have included the plans in the preview file if you would like to check them out. You will see how easy it is to fit in a little poetry every day!
For an entire year of poetry, check out my ULTIMATE Poetry Pack!
Link-The ULTIMATE Poetry Pack
In this pack, you will receive:
• Daily Shared Reading Plans for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
• 4 Original Poems (color & b/w)
-Ready To Go
-A Special Someone
• A Mother’s Day Keepsake gift – This includes a copy of the poem and a place for a student photo. There is an alternate Keepsake gift with different wording of the poem for any student who does not have a mom at home and would like to honor someone else in their life.
• 4 Sequence the Poem Cut/Paste printables
• 4 Illustrate the poem printables
• 4 Poem searches
• 3 Writing Prompt Response Pages & 1 Poem Writing Activity
• 4 Reading Skills Worksheets
- Springtime Sentences – Statements/Questions & Punctuation
- Rainy Day Contractions
- Common or Proper? – common and proper nouns
- Blooming Blends – fr, cr, pr, sl, fl, cl – cut/paste
• 8-page Emergent Reader – “I Love To Learn” (2 books can be made from each 8 page document. Copy the pages back-to-back, set the copier to collate, then all you have to do is slice and staple for 2 books!)
I know you will find this poetry unit easy and fun to implement in your classroom. Enjoy!
Backgrounds and Borders:
TpT seller Lovin Lit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lovin-Lit
Mixed-Up Doodle Border by Jennifer Jones @