May Writing Journal Prompts
*** Canadian and American spelling included ***
Please note: This writing packet is included in my Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLE.
Do not purchase this resource if you already own the bundle!
About this book:
This book contains a collection of journal prompts for the month of May. The simple prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Cover page (page 5)
Draw and label (pages 6-8)
- P.E teacher/coach
List writing (pages 9-11)
- Things I can do to help my mom
- What I like about my teacher
- Pets that are small
How to / procedural writing (pages 12-17)
- How To Buy Flowers (with and without pictures)
- Life Cycle of an Ant (with and without pictures)
- How To Make a Birdhouse (with and without pictures)
Writing prompts with pictures (pages 18-27)
- My mom can
- My mom is
- On Mother’s Day, I will
- My teacher is
- Pets need
- Some pets can
- The best pet would be a... because
- Pets can live in a
- Cinco de Mayo
- I can spring clean my room
Opinion writing with pictured choices (pages 28-30)
- I would rather (pick or buy) flowers because...
- I would rather have a (snail or snake) for a pet because...
- The best place for a dog to sleep would be (on the bed or in the doghouse) because...
Opinion writing II (pages 30-33)
- My mom is special... because
- My teacher is the best because
- I think the best pet would be a... because
Narrative writing (pages 32-37)
- Describing mothers (sentence writing)
- Write a sentence to match the picture (teacher at desk with card and flowers)
- Write a story to match the picture (boy giving mom a kiss and bringing breakfast in bed)
- Write a story to match the picture (girl training puppy at the park)
Narrative writing II (pages 38-42)
- If I were the teacher for one day, I would
- If my teacher were an alien from Mars
- If my mom had a magic purse
- If I had a pet dragon
- If my dog were a superhero,
Acrostic poem (page 43)
Simile poem (page 44)
- My Mother
Letter writing to the school principal (page 45)
Additional page with handwriting lines (pages 46)
Happy Teaching :)
Please click here to view
all my Writing Journal Prompts.
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog