Do you have students who struggle with writing complete stories with characters, a setting, a conflict and solution? Do kids in your reading group have trouble writing a summary that includes these four main parts of the story? Are you and your students a huge fan of Star Wars like me? Then this packet is for you :)
May the "Fours" Be With You uses doodles and Star Wars characters to help kids remember the four parts that need to be in every story or summary: characters, setting, conflict and solution.
This packet gives them numerous graphic organizers and notebook helpers so they can practice and master the art of complete stories and summaries. Included in this packet are:
- Instruction sheets for the teacher
- Anchor Charts with and without the Star Wars clipart, in both full-color and b&w
- Planning pages with and without Star Wars characters (vary them throughout the unit or use the pages that appeal to your group of students the most!)
- Mini-Notebook Helpers for students' writing notebooks/journals for future reference
- Mini-Planning Pages
- Publishing paper
- Student rubric (smiley faces scale)
- Teacher rubric (4,3,2,1 scale)
This unit aligns with the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3a Establish a situation and introduce a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
For more information, be sure to visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!!