Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 13 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $59.40Save $19.41
This Maya y los tres episode 1 guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the show Maya & the 3 in Spanish class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Google Maya and the three guide with all levels of Spanish you teach for episode 1. It would make a great one-day sub-plan.
- ✅ Page 1 - character description chart and space for character drawings
- ✅ Page 2 - 10 comprehension questions in ENGLISH to fill out while watching + 3 post questions in Spanish OR
- ✅ Page 3 - 10 comprehension questions in SPANISH to fill out while watching + 3 post questions in Spanish (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- ✅ Page 4 - 2 versions of a matching character identification (could be post-assessment)
- ✅ Movie guide Keys for all four pages included
The show Maya y los 3 would be the perfect complement to a study of pre-Hispanic Mesoamerica, Indigenous Peoples of the Americas, and Mexico. Maya y los tres would be an appropriate program to show during Hispanic Heritage Month or Native American Heritage Month. *Please note this is a fictional, fantasy animated program based on the Indigenous Peoples, not a documentary.
This family-friendly, animated limited series Maya and the Three is rated TVY7 for fear and fantasy violence and can be found on Netflix only with an episode 1 run time of 32 minutes. This short episode would make a perfect one-day sub-plan. There are a total of nine episodes each about 30-35 minutes long. *This resource is for just episode 1.
Maya y los 3 could work from upper elementary to high school Spanish class.
What audio and subtitles to use for the show Maya y los 3?
On Netflix, you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- ✅ Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- ✅ Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- ✅ English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource about Maya & the 3!
5 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Reviews from other Spanish teachers for Maya y los 3 guide
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This guide was very accessible to my Spanish 1 students! - Erin S - (7th grade)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is great to use when you have a sub that does not speak Spanish. - Caroline B (Spanish grades 4, 5, 7, 8)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource! My seniors love the show and it goes well with our prehispanic literature unit. - Jennifer G (12th grade Spanish)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Looking forward to leaving this as an emergency sub plan and I know they will stay in the target language. - Manoella (6th grade)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are editable Google Docs linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for this show (including character slides) check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.