This scavenger hunt provides information and fun facts about the Mayflower and its voyage. Students read to locate information to answer each question.
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Mayflower Scavenger Hunt cards on card them cut them apart.
2. Make copies of the Mayflower Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Mayflower Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• 20 information cards in color
• 20 information cards in b/w
• student answer sheets
• Mayflower crossword puzzle
• answer keys
More about the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or social studies centers. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
I print the color cards on cardstock and laminate them. I store them with the cover clipped with a 1 inch binder clip. I also write the name of the scavenger hunt on the top of the binder clip.
I use the black and white pages for students who were absent during the activity. I usually do not store these pages, but they could be filed for later use.
You May Also Like
Thanksgiving Math Review Scavenger Hunt
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥