Have you ever wanted to do maypole dancing with your class? Wondered why people even do maypole dancing in the first place? Look no further! Maypole Mania is for you! This is a great way to get kids doing choreography around May Day. The kids also love doing things like this on field day!
This is an amazing unit all about maypole dancing! This lesson and accompanying PowerPoints with dance animation will provide you all you need to teach a fun, engaging unit on maypole dancing, K-5 (or older!). Need something new for field day? This would be a perfect group event! Even teachers at my school wanted to perform the dances!
In this resource you will receive:
• Instructions on how to build your own DIY maypole! (you could easily build it in a weekend!)
• Detailed lesson plans for maypole dancing outlining the history of maypole dancing, the history of May Day, dance steps, and tips to teach the dances.
• Engaging PowerPoint to lead your students through learning about the history of maypole along with animated slides to demonstrate the dance steps.
Download the Preview file for a closer look!!
The ready to print lesson plan and accompanying presentations cover the following topics:
• Complete instructions and material list for building a maypole.
• Tips for teaching the dance sequences.
• Amazing video clips (safeshare links) to demonstrations of people dancing each dance covered in this resource.
• What is a maypole?
• Concise history of maypole and development around the world (Sweden, Great Britain, Germany, USA).
• Animated demonstrations of 6 traditional maypole dances ranging from beginning to advanced. Each animation includes slides for breaking down the teaching process and then showing how the dance would be completed in its entirety. (Download the preview for animation sample - don't worry! Typed instructions for the dances are included too!).
The detailed, editable lesson plans were written ready to print for the general music room, but could easily be adapted to the general education room or dancing room with a quick switching of standards. Currently the Georgia GPS music standards are marked; the National Music Standards and Common Core Arts Standards are included and can be swapped with a simple copy and paste.
These lesson plans are licensed for use by one teacher. If you would like to use them on your grade level, please purchase multiple licenses!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
• Rainbow Ukulele Curriculum
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at PitchPublications@gmail.com
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!