This novel study was designed to be used with students in Grades 6-9. There is a before reading and after reading page included. Each section of the novel study includes questions/activities to summarize 4-5 chapters at a time. The document is 23 pages in total.
Canadian Curriculum Connections:
- Strategies: visualizing, making connections, creating inferences, summarizing
- Literary Devices: imagery, foreshadowing, metaphor
- Comprehension questions
- Graphic Organizers: Venn diagram (text-to-text connections); fishbone (Cause and Effect); questioning (5 W’s)
- Intro to Literature Circle Roles (embedded into questions): Dictionary Detective, Stellar Summarizer, Captain Connector, Artful Artist, and Quizzing Questioner.
- Developing a synopsis
- Research biography
- Designing a poster
- Creating a logo
- Principals of Design activity (contrast)
- Elements of Design activity (perspective)
- Creating a Map (bird`s eye view)