Also included in
- Looking for Me on the Map activities and Landform activities? These NO-PREP digital flip books will have your students completely engaged while learning about map skills and land and bodies of water. Both flip books use Google Slides and have students insert REAL IMAGES and MAPS to help them make th$7.50$10.00Save $2.50
- Social Studies has become one of my students' favorite subjects because of these digital activities. These activities in Google Slides will help students learn about communities, landforms, traditions, timelines, me on the map, and more. Use the sharing projects to help build community while learnin$23.00$44.50Save $21.50
- This bundle includes 40+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 3rd grade students whether you're distance learning or in the classroom. The bundle is filled with holidays around the world, digital agenda slides, back to school activities, virtual parent teacher conference slides$110.00$211.00Save $101.00
- This bundle includes 50+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 2nd grade students whether you're distance learning or in the classroom. The bundle is filled with agenda slides, vocabulary digital notebook, biography report templates, virtual parent teacher conference slides, gra$129.00$245.50Save $116.50
This digital Me on the Map flip book helps students learn those tricky map categories during your map skills unit - including city, state, country, continent - by having them find REAL IMAGES and MAPS to help them make those real world connections. (Easy to assign for distance learning or in the classroom.) Students love working with photos and they're going to love making their own MAP PIN with their photo to place on each map and slide. When they're finished with their book, they can "flip" through their slides in Presentation Mode by clicking on the colored headings for extra review!
I've made it easy for students to use:
- Text boxes are included to show students where to type
- Image icons are included in each space that needs a photo
- I've locked down all other text and boxes so students don't get frustrated with extra moving parts
- I've created a step-by-step video right in the Slides presentation that students can watch to learn how to create their map pin - without you! (BONUS: I teach your students how to copy and paste, group objects, order objects, insert images, crop an image into a shape, too!)
- Students can use the Camera + Google Search right in Google Slides
- Extra tips and notes are located in the Speaker Notes
I've found the best way to teach Social Studies has been through activities I've created for my students in Google. My students are INSTANTLY ENGAGED (can't log in fast enough!) and learn more when they have the freedom to choose and interact with real images.
★ Me on the Map Google Slides Flip Book (Me, School, City, State, Country, Continent, Planet)
►Watch the video preview to see each slide
★ Written and video directions for creating a map pin and pasting it on each slide
★ Video instructions for how to assign this activity through Google Classroom
This activity is great for students who are just starting to use Google Slides and also those already Google Slides savvy.
• Text boxes have already been created so students know where to type
• All shapes are locked down
• Image icons show students where to insert pictures
*NOTE: When you purchase this product, the license can be used for one classroom, not an entire grade level or school. Please purchase multiple licenses if it will be used by more than one teacher. Thank you.
- Kathryn Averkamp - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Certified Educator
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology
- Taught each grade K-4 over the past 11 years
- Awarded Teacher of the Year for the 2019-2020 school year
- Click here to get notified when we add new digital resources.
♥ Don't forget you can earn TpT credits by leaving a review after you purchase products.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐More Google Activities ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
December and January Resources
Valentine's Day Resources
• Digital Valentines - send them digitally!
• Digital Stickers: Improvement Needed + Motivational
• Student of the Day/Week Digital Posters & Class Book
• Printable Growth Mindset and Inspirational Quote Posters
• Entire Year Ultimate Google Slides BUNDLE (Growth Mindset, Reading Logs, Sharing Projects, more)
Learn Google Classroom for Teachers
• FREE PDF Guide to Google Classroom
• The Ultimate Video Course for Using Google in Your Classroom
Start mastering Google Classroom and creating interactive Google Slides activities and self-grading assessments in Google Forms. This complete video course will teach you everything you need to know about using Google accounts in your classroom. You’ll get instant access to more than 35 easy-to-follow videos that I created specifically for beginners
• Distance Learning Writing Prompt Journal "My At-Home Adventure."
• Digital Reading Logs and Graphic Organizers
• Digital Vocabulary Notebook For Any Subject
• Digital Stickers: Improvement Needed + Motivational
• Mother's Day Cards in Google Slides
• Add and Subtract within 20 Word Problems (Great for review/assessment)
• Repeated Addition, Arrays, Equal Groups (Great for review/assessment)
• Entire Year Digital Multiplication Mystery Pictures in Google Slides
• Counting Coins and Bills Activities and Assessment
• Subtraction - Regroup or Not?
• Subtraction with Regrouping Word Problems Review (Topic 6 Envision)
• Me on a Map Digital Flipbook + Landforms Digital Flipbook
• Google Slides Sharing Projects (Timelines, Family Traditions, Community Workers Current Events)
• Communities: Rural, Urban, and Suburban in Google Slides (+ Google Earth!)
Beginning of the Year