Also included in
- This bundle includes our 'All About Me' and "Me and My Family'Learning about a new grade can be tricky - these tasks ALL ABOUT ME are engaging and will help you to understand what each student values, likes and holds dear. Print and go and great for displays.Our All About Me pack includes -Three sec$7.00$10.00Save $3.00
Students will explore how individual they are and how different each and every family can be.
Me and My Family pack is a history curriculum that enables students in Foundation/Kindergarten to Grade 2 to learn about their own social context of family, friends and school, and the significance of the past.
They engage with the history of the past; develop a concept of time as present, past and future and through role play use their imagination to speculate about the lives of others in the past.
Through experimentation and play, children in these levels use their interest in people and how things work to make sense of their world.
Getting to know one another
- Tasks to print and complete include
- This is Me
- Birthday Information
- Words to describe my Family
- This is my Family
- A Few of My Favourite things
- Family Word Wall
Discovery Learning Task Suggestions
Explanations and photos are included
- Writing about families,
- Blocks to make a home
- Use mirrors to draw a face
- Picnic role play
- Collage about families
- Letter writing
- Home corner
- Pastel drawing
- Draw and count
- Doll’s house
- Use “Paint”
- Reading books
- Counting family
- Whiteboard drawing
Ideas for Word Work
- Alphabet Keys – Family, Holidays as Families, About Me. Record words in each box for the topic and in the empty boxes they can draw a picture about the topic.
- Label Body Parts – use these sheets to write in the names of the body parts.
- Match up the Body Parts - Enlarge to A3 and laminate.
- LSCWC – use this to assist in spelling the words correctly. Record the word in column 1. Then Look at the word, Say it, Cover it, Write it and then Check it. Each letter stands for a step in the process.
- Matching pictures to names. Print and laminate the pictures and cards and cut them. Match the cards to the pictures. There may be more than one card for each picture for e.g. the girl could have girl, sister, daughter, granddaughter or niece.
- This next section contains writing tasks and also writing papers for the following topics-
- My family love to ….
- Our House
- Acrostic Poem for My Family
- Photo page and text
- Invitation for Grandparent’s Day
- Venn Diagram – My Grandparents and I
- My brother/sister/cousin comparison
- Our best holiday – draw on one and write on one
- Class Museum
- Flip Book for Family, friends and yourself.
- Time words – print and complete worksheets
- Losing Teeth - graph as you lose teeth, plus a class graph to enlarge to A3 and complete as a shared lesson
- Telling time – print and laminate as a learning centre.
- Money spent for a muffin for family members
- Graphing family members you live with as a grade
- Timeline of major events in your life
- Matching number of people in a family with the numeral and word
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.