Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This flip book is designed for and supports important social studies foundational skills. This is a fun and engaging way to be introduced to geography and students will begin to see the world as a larger place than just the town in which they live.
This flip book lesson can be completed in but could also be split into depending on your schedule and your students. If you have a large class with many students that will need help or time coloring, cutting, writing this is adaptable to your schedule.
This flip book contains seven pages. Each page requires students to interact with the lesson in a different way so you can assess a wide range of skills and students don’t get bored.
– the largest page is a picture of the solar system. Students will listen to you for instructions.
– students can read the short instructions and enjoy independent work
– engage your students with a discussion about the world and continent. Students will write on this page and be challenged to color in the lines.
– students will watch you for guidance on marking the map
– probably the most challenging page. Students will draw their state. Not trace, draw. You can draw it on the board or project an image on a whiteboard. You can guide them step by step or, as I suggest, simply ask them to do their best and see the outcome. It is a great eye/hand coordination exercise.
– write the name of the student’s town before you lead a discussion about the type of environment you live in.
– students can either draw or write on this page. Your choice.
Looking for more social studies content for kindergarten and 1st grade? Check out my Apples and Oranges: Election Edition lesson. This lesson can be used any time of year because it is not political! It is an introduction to elections and an introduction to the concept of learning about candidates and issues.
Remember, TpT gives you credits towards future purchases if you leave a review!
If you are unable to leave a 4-star review, please let me know and I will see if I can accommodate you.
Follow my store above! I add new products often and throw sales randomly. You wouldn’t want to miss out.
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on my blog at Integrated Social Studies