This is a project for 5th graders to choose important numbers that are significant in their life.
I love this project for many reasons....here's a few:
1. It's a great back to school activity to learn about your students.
2. It is easily differentiated so every child is successful, no matter what their math ability.
3. It makes the children think about significant numbers in their world.
4. It lets children be creative, and show some artistic license.
5. It's a great sharing tool to build classroom community.
Included in this download:
student direction sheet
picture examples of student work