This is an integrated language arts and social studies mini-unit. That is perfect for your students to learn how to read a map, find their place on a map, and follow directions using a compass. The activities in this packet are based on the book, Me on the Map by Joan Sweeney.
* 13 Vocabulary Cards with definitions
* KWL Chart
* Story Map
* Comprehension Check
* Where Am I in the World? Student Book
* Where You Live Practice Sheet
* Color the Globe Practice Sheet
* Comparing Maps & Models
* Me on the Map Layer Book
* Mapping Symbols
* Following Directions Using a Compass
Please let me know if you have any questions!