Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell Plan and Google Activities
K - 3rd, Homeschool
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
Also included in
- Save BIG with this guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan and activities bundle for Women's History Month. Great titles to teach your Kindergarten students about famous women throughout history, female pioneers and women in STEM! Titles chosen specifically for your students to celebraPrice $8.50Original Price $12.00Save $3.50
- Save BIG with this guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan and activities bundle for Women's History Month. Great titles to teach your Kindergarten students about famous women throughout history, female pioneers and women in STEM! Titles chosen specifically for your students to celebraPrice $10.50Original Price $15.00Save $4.50
A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan for the nonfiction mentor text book Me Jane by Patrick McDonnell about naturalist Jane Goodall. Great for biography studies (Jane Goodall) and studies of scientists! Google Slides presentation and student activities on Google Docs.
Lessons and activities focus on:
- Summarizing key details (4 strategies: narrative retell, timeline, graphic organizer, Somebody Wanted But Then So)
- Close reading illustrations
- Analyzing the author's message / lesson
- comparing and contrasting with a Venn diagram
- Main idea and details
The lesson plans include:
- teacher script with strategic stopping points and questions for students to discuss
- printable prompts for student post-reading responses through discussion in writing or reading response logs
- 4-5 day plan
- Discussion questions
- Suggested discussion strategies
- Strategic stopping points for questioning and close reading
- Anchor chart examples
- Sentence stems / frames for oracy and vocabulary development
- Great for bilingual classrooms
- Printable worksheets for written responses
- Google Docs for student responses
- Google Slides for displaying lesson ideas, discussion questions and prompts
How to Use This Resource:
- whole group
- small group
- as a reading intervention
- special education (SPED)
- bilingual or Dual Language / DLI classrooms
- with ELLs for ESL instruction
- Great for K, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade
- Google Classroom Distance learning / virtual learning
- on chromebooks or iPads for tech classrooms to go paperless
Your kindergarten, first grade, second grade, or third grade students will love this story!
✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭
You May Also Like:
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).