I did this activity with my 7th graders using their interactive notebooks. It is easy to do. Depending on the grade level, simply change the wording of the definition and the sample problem depending on student needs.
1 piece of paper
1. Set the paper horizontally. Fold right and left ends in until they meet.
2. Unfold the ends and cut right in the middle as shown in picture.
3. Fold again and label each section with one of the following: Mean, Median, Mode, Range.
4. Open the flaps and write the definition of each term accordingly.
5. Use the middle blank space for a sample problem.
6. Glue it in notebook.
This is a great activity as it is something the students will remember and something they can refer back to. Feel free to let the students decorate if they want to.