This Mean, Median, Mode, and Range Classwork set comes with 5 worksheets. Each sheet has 8 problems- including 4 example or guided practice questions and 4 graded questions. This set reviews Mean, Median, Mode, and Range. Students will be given numbers, stem and leaf plots, and line plots to use in order to calculate mean, median, mode and range. Students will also need to know key vocabulary words for this unit including- fair share, measures of center, and greatest variation/spread. This is a unit where students must understand their vocabulary in order to be successful. It is an EXCELLENT way for students to review and an AWESOME way for teachers focus on what students need help with before a big test or quiz.
This classwork could be used several ways. Here are a few suggestions.
1. The teacher could complete the example side using the overhead or document camera and then the students could complete the other side for a grade.
2. The students could complete the example side independently and the teacher could check those problems. Then students could complete the other side for a grade.
3. Teachers could have students pick 4 problems for a grade. However, they
must pick one of each kind for a grade. They can’t do two range and two mode problems!
4. Teachers could have students complete all 8 problems for a grade.
5. This classwork could be used as notes, a study guide, small group work, or whole group work.
6. This classwork could also be also be done in partners or independently.
The possibilities are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This classwork comes with an answer and aligns with Virginia SOLs- 5.15, 5.16