Save by purchasing this unit in a bundle!
Complete Curriculum (Units 1-9)
Meaningful Morning Meeting Mini-Lessons Bundle #2 (Units 4-6)
Engage your students in exploring family diversity! In 16 days of mini-lessons, your students will explore the diversity of families in their classroom community, interview a family member to learn more about them, and craft a writing piece that describes an important family tradition. Check out the preview file for a detailed look at the unit table of contents and a free sample lesson!
Meaningful Morning Meeting Mini-Lessons are short, social justice-focused activities
designed to fit into the “activity” section of morning meetings. I created these
lessons to ensure that social justice lessons would find their way into my classroom
each day, regardless of the current unit or learning topics. Often, citizenship or
character lessons tend to be incidental or not a standard part of the classroom
curriculum – Meaningful Morning Meeting Mini-Lessons aim to bring these topics
into the classroom in an engaging and consistent way, hopefully sparking continuing
conversations and connections throughout the entire school day.
Meaningful Morning Meeting Mini-Lesson Units:
• Unit One: A Classroom of Citizens
• Unit Two: Your Brilliant Brain
• Unit Three: What’s the Media Selling Us?
• Unit Four: The Giving Back Project
• Unit Five: Our Communities
• Unit Six: All Kinds of Families
• Unit Seven: Debunking Stereotypes
• Unit Eight: Powerful Peacemakers
• Unit Nine: Becoming Activists