Multiplication of 1 Digit by 1 or more: A Comprehensive Set of 3rd/4th Grade Multiplication Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
(Ask about our on site teacher training at email@example.com and get up to $100 of our materials for every teacher at your school for free!)
This 111-page PDF download includes:
• 27 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related multiplication for 3rd and 4th grade.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Matrix with common core standards targeted by each game and activity
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for 1 digit by any digit multiplication using the five most important representations students need to learn
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn about multiplication, and it is aligned with the common core standards for both 3rd and 4th grade.
Concepts and Skills: conceptualize the meaning of multiplication, multiply, represent multiplicative situations, translate between various representations of multiplication, identify and explain multiplicative patterns, connections between multiplication and division, factors, equations involving multiplication, multiply 1 digit by 1 digit, multiply 1 digit by two digits, multiply 1 digit by 3 digits, model for multiplying 1 digit by any digit, find more than one possible answer in enhanced multiple choice questions, learn to answer open ended questions involving multiplication.