Visit my blog Literacy Inspirations
to read about how I use this product. I include directions, reflections, and pictures.
This program came about as a result of a desire to create more meaningful spelling homework. I wanted spelling to be weaved into reading and writing. As a result I came up with Tic Tac Toe boards that thoughtfully integrated all the mini lessons from reading and writing into weekly homework.
Included in this packet are:
1. All the pages necessary for a students manila spelling folder - My Words To Learn List, Homework Rubric
2. Teacher Database List - track your students misspelled words while grading using these tracker sheets
3. Pretest quiz sheets which are two sided - one side is the pretest the other side is the final word list - suing this one sheet provides ease for students to transfer words and also has the weekly rule
4. Challenge sheet for those students that score 100% on pretests, provides options to stretch their use of the spelling rule and increase vocabulary usage
5. Tic Tac Toe spelling boards with over 50 homework ideas. Check out my website to see how I use these ideas and integrate reading and writing lessons into spelling homework.
All you will need to get your spelling program up and running are manila folders, your grade level challenge words and a quick email to me for Word docs that you can use and manipulate for all your spelling units.
Be sure to read how I use this program and check out the many pictures modeling it's use in my classroom at Literacy Inspirations