PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a center activity to compliment a unit on measurement. Students work with a partner to measure items of their choice around the classroom.
- Students get hands-on measuring practice with accountability
- You dictate the unit or units of measurement students can use
- You dictate where in the room students can measure (I assigned students a specific wall each day to keep things different and keep students away from the teaching area)
- One sheet asks for an estimation and one does not, so you can choose the one best suited to your students' level
- Easy prep station - just print copies and give students a measuring tool!
For a fun extension, grab a copy of this worksheet and take students to a new location in the building or outside - my students loved measuring around the playground when we talked about yards!