Five measurement centers and measurement activities, plus recording sheets for the centers and a final assessment. This is a great addition to your measurement unit! It requires the students to do activities involving the following: measuring objects in both centimeters and inches, comparing 2 objects using centimeters, measuring the room in inches and centimeters, and solving measurement word problems
- Some Buggy Measurements - Measure each bug using inches and centimeters. Record your answer. Graph the results on a bar graph and line plot.
- Just Keep Inching Along - Measure each caterpillar in inches. Record your answer in the table below. Don’t forget to record your units. Then record which caterpillar is longer and by how many inches!
- Stick the Spider to the Web - Estimate how long you think each spider is in both units. Measure each spider in both inches and centimeters. Record your answer in the table below. Make sure to label your units!
- Buzzin' Through Story Problems - Read and solve the story problem. Match the bee to the correct answer then record. Be sure to add units when recording!
- How Large is that Can? - Help the fly find out how large his trash can is! Measure the height and width in inches. Then, calculate to find out the perimeter around the trash can.
- Activities & Worksheets - Activities to reinforce measuring objects in both centimeters and inches, comparing 2 objects using centimeters, measuring the room in inches and centimeters, and solving measurement word problems.
- Assessment - This is a final assessment, assessing knowledge of a student’s ability measure objects in both centimeters and inches, compare 2 objects using centimeters, measure objects the room in inches and centimeters, and solve measurement word problems
Teaching about measurement? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources here: Measurement
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
Check out each set of centers separately below: