Measurement Guided Master Math Unit 11
Also included in
- This bundle consists of 15 units that I use for my first grade guided math curriculum. It is built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. EachPrice $200.00Original Price $253.00Save $53.00
- This bundle contains my third five units of Master Math Curriculum for First Grade. The units included are Unit 11 Measurement, Unit 12 3 Digit Addition, Unit 13 Data & Graphing, Unit 14 Double Digit Addition and Subtraction without Regrouping, & Unit 15 Money Dimes, Nickels, & Pennies.Price $64.00Original Price $84.00Save $20.00
This unit is the eleventh unit of a first grade MASTER math curriculum built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. It focuses on measuring objects using non-standard units of measure. It also focuses on comparing and ordering three or more objects by their length. Other topics include standard units of measurement critical thinking and measuring height. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each lesson begins with a whole group mini lesson provided in a SMART notebook version or a pdf file. Then students begin to rotate (much like centers). MASTER stands for Manipulatives, Apply Skills, Small Group, Technology, Enrichment, and Review. There are activities provided for each component listed, lesson plans, assessments, SMART notebook files, and a fun culminating craft. Included you will receive:
- Comparing animals using sentences
- Writing sentences to compare animals
- Comparing words poster
- Measure the length of animals using unit of choice
- Measure the height of animals using unit of choice
- Measure the length of caterpillars
- Comparing caterpillars using sentences
- Writing sentences to compare caterpillars
- Measure Me.. Measure you classmates in turtles, lions, and/or kangaroos (recording sheet included)
- Race to the Top…comparing caterpillars using a rule (2 versions: shorter and longer)
- Inch by Inch…measuring caterpillars and moving their length on a game board
- Longer than a Worm Hunt
- Shorter than a Snake Hunt
- 11.1 Comparing and ordering objects
- 11.2 Measuring school supplies with units of your choice
- 11.3 Measuring length
- 11.4 Measuring height
- 11.5 Finding height and length
- 11.6 review
- 11.7 assessment
Technology 6 activities in Boom Learning and 4 in Google Slides
- Comparing animals from longest to shortest
- Comparing animals from shortest to longest
- Measuring length non-standard measurement
- Measuring length ruler
- Measuring height non-standard
- Measuring height standard
- Comparing multiple animals using words
- Measuring length with the unit being more than 1 unit in length. 3 pages
- Critical thinking measurement questions
- Measuring using a ruler (inches or centimeters)
- Missing addend or subtrahend
- Writing the correct sign <, >, =
- Make 10 and add.
- 10 Less and 10 More
- Show the time to the hour and half hour
- Doubles and Doubles Plus 1
- Subtracting to 20 using a number line
- Count on addition strategy
Make an inchworm and measure it craft
Class progress sheet
Individual progress sheet
7 lessons completed for you
5 templates to create your own
SMART Notebook warm up lessons whole group
6 different lessons
6 pdf’s in case you don’t have SMART Notebook
Description, I Can Statements, Standards, Binder Cover and Layout
Rotation Templates in SMART Notebook or PDF version
**IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE TECHNOLOGY PIECES**
Some of this resource is in Google Slides format. You will NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to GOOGLE SLIDES to use this resource. It is also helpful to have GOOGLE CLASSROOM but not necessary. It will help you easily send the activities to your students.
Please note: I am not affiliated or associated with Google, nor do they endorse this resource.
Important: To redeem your Boom Cards, you will create an account for Boom Learning. The account you get with your purchase allows you to play the Boom Cards on interactive whiteboards and with individual students using Fast Play. Fast Play does not save student progress reports.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
***To try them out below with this preview link!****
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....