This 31 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and photo illustrations for making a measurement lapbook with your students. Use it to complement your own measurement unit. This lapbook contains visuals for each unit of measurement to help students make meaning of the various units.
This lapbook kit contains the following interactive parts:
1. Lapbook cover
2. "Ways to Measure" cut and paste insert (length, weight, capacity, temperature)
3. Customary length layered book with visuals for each unit (inch, foot, yard, mile)
4. Inch ruler pocket and ruler (quarter inch markings)
5. Customary weight cut and paste insert with visuals for each unit (ounce, pound, ton)
6. Measure carefully inchworm visual
7. Customary capacity chart with visuals for each unit (cup, pint, quart, half gallon, gallon)
8. Metric length layered book with visuals for each unit (millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer)
9. Centimeter ruler pocket and ruler
10. Metric mass interlocking piece with visuals for each unit (gram, kilogram)
11. Metric capacity cut and paste insert (milliliter, liter)
12. Temperature visual with freezing/boiling points (celsius, fahrenheit)
Lapbooks are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete lapbook makes a terrific study guide for the unit test.
Are you unsure about lapbooks? Watch this YouTube video to find out why I love lapbooks and how I use them in my own classroom.
Thank you for considering my Measurement Lapbook Interactive Kit: Customary and Metric.
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out:
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)