This game was designed to be used in my first grade classroom during math center time. I use a daily 4 approach so my games are designed to be able to be played independently by the students with out much teacher direction. This game is aligned to the common core standard: 1.MD.2
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Print inch pieces and spinner in color on card stock and laminate. Cut out
• Print out game boards and direction labels on computer paper in color.
o These will get pasted into file folder. ( see picture)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Students will need an inch ruler
• Get an inch ruler and place measurement pieces in a bag
• Youngest player goes first
• Spin spinner. Whatever number it lands on take that many pieces from the bag.
• Measure your objects. Do any you’re your objects match the measurement from the bag? If it does put your measurement piece on the square that matches the object you measured.
• If you do not have a match put it back in the bag.
• If you spin a sad face you lose a turn. Next player goes.
• Player that fills all their squares first is the winner!