Are you looking for investigative, hand-on measurement activities for your students? This 30 page unit includes 6 measurement stations with an additional computer station that could be utilized.
The measurement stations involve standard and some metric units of measurement. Students will need to know inches, feet, yards, and centimeters, meters, and kilometers. The six stations are listed below:
1. How far does your plane fly?
2. Can you classify the length of these items?
3. Converting standard measurement game board
4. Classroom measurement scavenger hunt
5. How far can you long jump?
6. How much hot air do you have?
Additional station: two websites are listed with games on measurement that can be used with classroom computers or Ipads.