Also included in
- This bundle has everything that a teacher needs to teach a unit on metric measurement to science students (life or physical sciences) in grades 7-12. This bundle includes a teaching PowerPoint, lecture notes for teacher, outline of notes for students, labs, task cards, homework assignments, practice$26.25$35.49Save $9.24
- Science Skills Mega Bundle: Graphing, Concept Mapping, Scientific Method, Metric System, Scientific Measurement, Lab Safety, Significant Digits, Analyzing Data, Graphic Organizers, Scientific Notation, Scientific Writing, and More!After many years of teaching, I have come to realize that what my st$87.50$132.66Save $45.16
Fun Measurement, Metric Ruler and Metric Conversions Review and Reinforcement Practice! Students often need a refresher on basic science and math skills. This product reminds the student how to properly use a metric ruler and how to convert between metric system and English system units. Statistics found in fun animals facts are used as problems to reinforcement conversion between units.
Suitable for all science students in grades 7 - 12.
This is a 5 page worksheet for students with a 3 page answer key for teachers.
What will the students be doing?
1. The student will practice using a metric ruler.
2. The student will draw lines of given length using a metric ruler.
3. The student will measure various lines that have been drawn on the worksheet.
4. The student will measure the sides of a 2-dimensional figure and determine the area.
5. The student will measure the sides of a 3-dimensional figure and determine the volume.
6. Using dimensional analysis, the student will convert from one metric unit to another metric unit. (It is assumed that the student will have previous instruction in metric conversions.)
7. Using dimensional analysis, the student will convert from metric units to English units.
There are many uses for a worksheet like this one:
• It makes a great homework assignment.
• It provides drill and practice for students that need reinforcement.
• It makes a great quiz or test on the metric system.
• It makes a great assignment to leave for a substitute teacher to use. • It is a perfect review activity for end of year testing.
You will receive a bright and attractive worksheet that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf of the worksheet.
Answer key for teacher is included.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
Look for me here, too!