This game was designed to be used in my first grade classroom during math center time. I use a daily 4 approach so my games are designed to be able to be played independently by the students with out much teacher direction. This game is aligned to the common core standard: 1.MD.2
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Print rain drop pieces and spinner in color on card stock and laminate. Cut out
• Print out game boards and direction labels on computer paper in color.
o These will get pasted into file folder. ( see picture)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Place measurement pieces in a bag
• Oldest player goes first
• Spin spinner. Whatever number it lands on take that many pieces from the bag.
• Measure your objects using the rain drop pieces. Do any your objects match the measurement from the bag? If it does put your measurement piece on the square that matches the object you measured.
• If you do not have a match put it back in the bag.
• If you spin a rainy day girl take 3 pieces!
• Player that fills all their squares first is the winner!