This METRIC measurement packet was designed around a specific math skill (Measurement- 1.MD.1, 1.MD.2, 2.MD.1, 2.MD.2, 2.MD.3, 2.MD.4.), rather than a season or theme. This makes it easy to incorporate at any time during the year. Click here for the standard American measurement pack!
The games are easy for the teacher to make and easy for the children to play individually or in groups of two/three.
Covers grams, kilograms, litres, millilitres, centimetres, and decametres
They have been used successfully in my classroom and altered as needed to be more user friendly for my students.
8 math games included:
1. What tool do I need--deciding when to use a scale, measuring tape/ruler, or measuring cup) (2.MD.1)
2. Using a ruler to measure length and width
3. Non-standard measurement with different length units (1.MD.2. and 2.MD.2.)
4. What tool do I need (measuring tape or ruler) (2.MD.1.)
5. Order 3 objects by length, capacity, or weight (1.MD.1. and 2.MD.1.)
6. Comparing two objects to find the difference (2.MD.4.)
7. Measuring real objects with different unit lengths (1.MD.2. and 2.MD.2.)
8. Estimate the length of object before measuring (2.MD.3.)
Click here for other Common Core math game packs!
Click here for a year of math games (78 games total) that allow for practice of all 1st Grade Common Core Math Standards!