Measurement Task Cards for Inches! Use these measurement task cards to introduce the inch. The set includes a tutorial about measuring with an inch ruler. There are a total of 12 task cards, each with two pictures of everyday objects and a brief statement about the length, height or width of the object to be expressed in inches. Your students can measure each object directly from the card because they are drawn to scale, and fill in the blanks to complete each statement. They can also fill out their answers on the record sheet. The game 'Scoot' can be played with these as well.
These task cards include:
- 2 tutorial cards
- 12 object to be measured in inches only
- 6 objects to be measured in half inch increments – for third grade students
- 6 objects to be measured in quarter inch increments – for third grade students
- 2 student recording sheets
- Answer keys
*Printing tip* To make sure that they print to scale, always select 'Print actual size' in the printing window.
You may also be interested in my Measurement Task cards for cm and mm
I’d be so happy if you followed my TpT Store. Just click on the green ‘Follow Me’ button next to my picture at the top of this page
. When you follow me, you get:
- notified whenever I have a sale
- notified of free items and new items
Nyla's Crafty Teaching.