Measurement Tools and Metric Units Vocabulary Game Cards for Science
Use this set of differentiated science vocabulary game cards to review and reinforce terms related to measurement in science. Cards cover metric units and common tools of measurement used in middle school science classrooms. The style of play for these cards is easy to understand and similar to Taboo. The cards can be used in many ways throughout your lessons; nine ideas for use are included. Each vocabulary card comes differentiated in four levels so you can quickly and easily adjust the difficulty for your students.
The 24 included vocabulary cards are metric system, customary system, gram, meter, liter, kilometer, centimeter, millimeter, ruler, volume, triple beam balance, milliliter, cubic centimeter, graduated cylinder, beaker, meniscus, water displacement method, mass, weight, balance, density, thermometer, 1 g/mL, and Celsius.
This resource includes the following:
- Game instructions, game information, and plenty of ideas for different ways you can use the cards with your students
- 24 vocabulary cards that each come in 4 differentiated levels so you can meet the needs of all of your students
- Blank cards teachers can print out for their students to write their own
You might also be interested in the following resources:
- Measurement in Science Stations: Middle school students love stations and this set of stations will help your students practice their measurement and metric skills.
- Measurement Worksheet Bundle: This bundle has worksheets about density, volume, mass, weight, and metric length. Use these worksheets in this bundle as in-class practice, homework assignments, or assessments.
- Measurement Card Sorting Activity: Use this activity as another fun way for your students to practice what they know about mass, weight, volume, length, and density in science class.
- Measurement Digital Task Cards Boom Deck: Your students will enjoy using this Boom Deck to practice measurement concepts digitally!
Take a look at the many other measurement resources in my store.
***Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. As a follower of my store you will be notified when I upload a new resource.