Measurement Vocabulary Bundle! 64 cards that engage students when learning measurement using fun, hands-on trading cards. This Measurement Vocabulary Bundle includes trading cards from my capacity, weight, length, temperature and time vocabulary cards! I bundled them all up into a Measurement Pack at a MUCH cheaper price than buying each set separately.
English + Spanish (A Spanish Measurement Bundle version is now included for FREE)
These cards make a great addition to a unit on measurement to strengthen students’ vocabulary. I created them them to be used as flashcards or task cards and my students LOVE using them! I print these measurement cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
This pack also includes a list of ways you can use these measurement vocabulary cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list is helpful because you can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that you’re using research-based methods in my classroom.
Each different set of measurement cards includes these components:
1. A set of the measurement cards that are completely filled out with the word and a picture representing it on the front. The backsides are a little different for each set but they have information about the word like whether it’s metric or U.S. customary, its abbreviation, different equivalencies, or examples of the word.
2. A set of the same measurement cards that’s more interactive. They have the same words on the front along with a blank space for the picture so students need to draw their own visual. On the back there are blank spaces for students to fill in the information about the words as they learn about them to help them remember the words better.
3. A blank set of cards that aren’t filled out with space to add more measurement terms to.
4. A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their measurement cards in.
5. An enlarged set of the measurement cards that can be posted in your classroom on a bulletin board or word wall.
6. Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class
7. Spanish Measurement set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students
Here is a list of every measurement card organized by topic:
Capacity Vocabulary Words
• half gallon
• half cup
• 1/3 cup
• ¼ cup
• capacity vs. volume
Weight Vocabulary Words
Length Vocabulary Words
Temperature Vocabulary Words
• boiling point
• freezing point
Time Vocabulary Words
• analog clock
• digital clock
Thank you for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Measurement Vocabulary Card Pack
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License