Measurement Word Problems
This is a set of 11 measurement word problem worksheets and their answer keys designed to help students practice solving measurement word problems.
These worksheets focus on the second half of the 3rd grade metric measurement standard, 3.md.2. (Add, subtract, multiply, or divide to solve one-step word problems involving masses or volumes that are given in the same units, e.g., by using drawings (such as a beaker with a measurement scale) to represent the problem.)
Students work to solve capacity and mass word problems using kilograms, grams, liters and milliliters.
Students are asked to solve problems both with algorithms and pictures.
These worksheets build on themselves, starting with just pictures and equations, then moving on to single step word problems with only one unit of measurement and finally asking students to convert between measurements using multiple steps.
• Using graduated cylinders to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
• Using scales to solve addition and subtraction problems with kilograms.
• One step word problems with liters or milliliters (but not both in one problem)
• Multistep word problems converting between liters and milliliters
• Using drawings to solve metric capacity problems. (liters and milliliters)
• One step word problems with grams and kilograms (but not both in one problem)
• Multistep word problems converting between grams and kilograms.
• Using drawings to solve metric mass problems (grams and kilograms)
Check out my other math products below:
Place Value Bingo
Space Adventure Addition/Subtraction Game
Telling Time Go Fish – quarter hour
Telling Time Go Fish - minute
I Have Who Has - Telling Time
Telling Time Bingo
Free - Place Value Cards
Bundled Clock Games - minute
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺