This set of Measurement Worksheets and Activities for Math Centers
contains a variety of kindergarten-level activities for measuring, comparing, sorting and ordering pictures & objects by attributes including size, length, width, height
, and weight
Use these worksheets and activities to teach and assess kindergarten-level measurement skills
, and to complement measurement units and lessons throughout the school year. This set includes a variety of no-prep
worksheets and activities that are perfect for math centers, morning work, early finishers, interventions, formal assessments,
and family engagement activities!
Bundle & Save! This product is included in my Kindergarten Math Worksheets And Printables Bundle!
Activities Included In This Set:
• Color by Size: Small & Large
Color the small objects red and the large objects blue.
• Sorting Small & Large Bugs
- Cut out and sort the bugs by size.
• Order by Size
- Cut out the shapes (circles, triangles, and squares) and match them to the outlines on the ordering strips.
• Coloring Gems by Size
- Color the small gems red, the medium gems blue, and the large gems green.
• Sorting Gems by Size
- Cut out the gems at the bottom of the page and sort them into the small, medium and large columns.
• Ordering Gems by Size
- Cut out the gems and order them from largest to smallest.
• Matryoshka Dolls Ordering by Size
- Cut out the Matryoshka (Nesting Dolls) and put them in order from largest to smallest. (You can also sort them by height)
• My Favorite Sport
- Cut out the sports balls and put them in order from smallest to largest.
• Small Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three small things.
• Large Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three large things.
• Color by Height
- Color the pictures to identify short and tall objects.
• Which Set Is Taller? Which Set is Shorter?
- Compare the height of each set of connecting cubes.
• Which Set Is Taller?
- Color the buildings. Compare the height of each pair and circle the taller building.
• Sorting Buildings by Height
- Cut out the buildings and sort them by height.
• Short Things Mini-Book
Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three short things.
• Tall Things Mini-Book
Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three tall things.
• Which Set Is Longer? Which Set Is Shorter?
- On the first half of the page, circle the longer set of connecting cubes. On the second half of the page, circle the shorter set of cubes.
• Order The Connecting Cubes
- Cut out the connecting cubes and order them by length.
• Gone Fishin'
- Students color the fish, then cut them out and order them by length.
• Longer/ Shorter Sort
- Color the sorting strips, then cut along the dotted line to cut each one in half. Match the pieces to the corresponding outlines on the Longer/ Shorter Sorting Mat
• How Long Are The Bugs?
- Use a non-standard ruler to measure the length of the bugs. Write the length of each bug.
• Measure The School Supplies
- Use a non-standard ruler to measure the length of the school supplies. Write the length of each.
• Measuring Length With Beads
- Use pony beads to measure the length of the lines. Count, write and compare the number of beads needed for each line. Identify the longest and shortest line.
• Short Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Draw and label three short things.
• Long Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Draw and label three long things.
• Color by Width
- Color the pictures to identify the shorter and taller buildings.
• Which Shape Is Wider?
- Color the pictures and circle the wider shape.
• Which Shape Is Narrower?
- Color the pictures and circle the narrower shape.
• Sort by Width Snail Family Craft
- Cut out and color the snail templates. Roll them up, and order them from narrowest to widest!
• Narrow Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three narrow things.
• Wide Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Students draw and label three wide things.
• Which Object Weighs More?
- Circle the object that weighs more.
• Which Object Weighs Less?
- Circle the object that weighs less.
• Color by Weight
- Compare the weight of the objects on the scale. Color the objects to show which is lighter and which is heavier.
• Guessing Weight
- Read the sentence, then circle the best answer to complete the sentence.
• Light Things Mini-Book
- Assemble the mini-book. Draw and label three light things.
• Heavy Things Mini-Book
Assemble the mini-book. Draw and label three heavy things.
• Measurement Activities Mini-Book Review
- A variety of measurement activities in a printable mini-book. Print, cut apart and staple the mini-book and complete the measurement activities!
• Measuring In The Desert
- Compare the objects and and circle "true" or "false" for each sentence.
• My Measurement Journal, Writing Prompts
- Early writing and measurement journal pages and prompts. Use the cover sheet to create your own measurement journal, or add the pages to math journals as a way to combine early math and literacy in the classroom, or at home!
Click on the preview to view the pages included in this set!
67 pages + cover & credits pages = 69 pages total.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Printable Coin Sorting Mats
• Printable Coin Puzzles
• Printable Play Money - U.S. Dollars
• 2D Shapes Worksheets Bundle
• Kindergarten Addition And Subtraction Unit
• Counting And Cardinality Worksheets
>>CLICK HERE to Follow Me and be the First to Hear About My Newest Products and Sales!
Thanks so much for stopping by!