Give your students an edge up on problem solving! Thirty five math journal prompts aligned to Common Core 3.MD are included in this packet. Copy and cut apart prompts to glue in math journals to give students daily problem solving practice. Answer key, teacher display pages, and student scale included.
Journal Prompts include:
Telling time to the nearest minute
Use Journal Prompts to:
• Increase problem solving abilities
• Increase math standardized test scores
• Help students to write to explain their thinking
• Model problem solving strategies
• Introduce daily math lessons
• Assess student thinking before or after concepts are taught
• Address misconceptions
How to Use Journal Prompts :
• Print the student pages and teacher pages aligned to the standard you want to teach.
• Cut apart and ask students to glue the Journal Prompt into math journals or notebooks.
• Allow students to solve the Journal Prompt by creating a model, equation, and written explanation.
• Pick students to share solutions and strategies used to solve the warm up.
• Highlight effective strategies used to solve the Journal Prompt.
• Redirect misconceptions and allow students to correct or add to their warm up explanation.
Try one week of Multiplication Journal Prompts for FREE!
FREE Problem Solving Journal Prompts: 3.OA
Check out my other standards aligned warm-ups!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Geometry
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Fractions 3.NF
FREE Problem Solving Journal Prompts: 3.NBT
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Multiplication and Division 3.OA
Save by purchasing all the 3rd Grade warm Ups!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts BUNDLE